St Joseph's Institute of Communication & Media Studies (SJICMS)
Department of Communication
Institute of Communication & Media Studies (ICMS)
The Institute of Communication & Media Studies (ICMS) offers a wide range of programmes in graduate and post-graduate studies.
MA - Advertising and Public Relations
The only one of its kind in the entire country, this MA in Advertising and Public Relations is a two-years industry-driven and industry-taught intensive programme. It offers a wide range of courses specific to the requirements of the Advertising and Public Relations industry. The programme is taught by industry experts and veterans in the field. Driven by the latest pedagogical practices like case studies, discussions, industry interactions, role-plays, and practical assignments, this programme aims to develop a holistic environment for students to inculcate best industry practices. In this program, you will learn everything about advertising, public relations, brand building and brand evaluation, integrated marketing communications, digital marketing, creative campaign planning and many other things. This is a hands-on programme that places you right in the centre of the industry, with a strong academic background. APR, as we call it, is modelled along an MBA with a strong business flavour to it.
Key features of the programme
• You are in the company of industry leaders and industry experts.
• Highly qualified academicians mentor you.
• State-of-the-art infrastructure to enable practical exposure in tune with industry standards.
• Hands-on practical training.
• Field visits, workshops and seminars to encourage research competency and practical skills, international exposure and industry tie-ups.
• Our semester-long internships equip you with practical exposure to meet industry demands.